A growing crypto business is looking for a number two to the EMEA head of finance. The role will primarily be management reporting focus but will have some FC responsibilities as well as trade management and reconciliations. Totally remote based initially.
My client is a NASDAQ listed Cyrpto business. And the firm is rapidly scaling and launching new products.
This newly created role reports to the Head of Finance, EMEA and will allow the right person to play a key role in providing finance support and partnering to the firm’s growing business divisions based in EMEA.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage a busy workload and have an instant impact, having the ability to manage competing deadlines.
• Primarily serving as a business partner to the firms Investment Products and Asset Management businesses, based in EMEA; building strong relationships with key business stakeholders.
• Working to develop and implement robust daily trading reconciliations for the newly launched Investment Products division, that ensures all operations follow designed processes, and meets the internal controls standards required.
• Working to develop suite of reporting for divisions that covers weekly performance reports, monthly management accounts, and other management information requests.
• Taking ownership of month end close process for the divisions, liaising with wider Finance team and external service providers; ensuring that appropriate accounting standards are considered and applied.
• Responsibility for building divisional budgets and forecasts, taking into account current and future divisional performance and ensuring consistency with the future strategy of the divisions.
• Working with internal colleagues and external service providers to ensure businesses remain compliant of the regulatory framework for the jurisdictions they operate within.
• Refine and improve existing processes with an eye to providing improvements to systems/internal controls to ensure company requirements and standards are met; with a underlying focus towards automation.
• Work on ad-hoc requests as and when required.
• Provide support/cover for Head of Finance, EMEA; working collaboratively with others within the Finance team.
• Qualified accountant with at least 5+ years PQE
• Experience in structured products or asset management finance team is desirable but not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact with senior stakeholders or across divisions.
• Excellent analytical skills
• An ability to produce meaningful management information