Crypto Jobs – Senior Software Architect
Our client is a rapidly growing blockchain gaming start-up with a mission to build a play-and-earn, NFT-based gaming system that appeals to all gamers.
The first phase of their project is currently in dev and focuses on a turn-based strategy game taking inspiration from games such as Civilization, and Warhammer Underworlds.
Their mission is to create unique gameplay combining strategic battles with army building and to provide players with decentralised ownership and blockchain rewards.
They have already released their first NFT collection of medieval warriors on the Ethereum blockchain which sold out in 13 minutes.
Since then, they have raised investment from leading VCs within the blockchain and gaming industries, finished pre-production, and begun development.
About our client:
Our Client is a new and rapidly growing startup pioneering the next generation of blockchain gaming.
The first phase of development focuses on transitioning from early P2E games by creating a deep strategy PvP game in a medieval fantasy theme. The second phase focuses on building a virtual world and land-based strategy game that integrates this battle system and includes a player owned economy and user generated NFT assets.
Our client has already released our first NFT collection of genesis warriors on the Ethereum blockchain. This sold out in 13 minutes. Since then, they have raised investment from leading VCs within the blockchain and gaming industries.
About The Role:
The purpose of this role is to take full ownership and accountability for all of our gaming and blockchain technology, architecture, and tech processes across multiple sites and products.The individual must be have a understanding of game development, blockchain development, and a strong background in software development leadership positions delivering complex and live services.The right candidate will be rewarded very well with a great salary, as well as extremely lucrative equity and tokenomics incentives. This is a remote-working role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full accountability for all software architecture and tech processes
- Overseeing game integration onto a blockchain
- Daily management of software and web3 development teams and ensuring that development suits required timeframes and roadmaps and assisting with consistently hitting sprint goals
- Champion sound, actionable, technical solutions required to provide a high-quality experience to our players
- Lead the design of software solutions to identify potential problems in advanced, and guide the maintenance of legacy software (bug fixing process, initiate requests for enhancement, etc)
- Provide full support to teams when technical challenges are encountered to ensure any potential barriers in the development process are overcome
- Quality checking code, internally logging and managing code bases making sure it’s clean and can be well read
- Consistently improving efficiency by planning tool development, driving communication across all teams and disciplines, and coordinating engineering plans
- Assisting with DevOps and improving existing software
- Hands-on coding when required
- Maintain a broad view of emerging and innovative technologies and developments
- Highly experienced in software development leadership positions within companies with a core focus on complex, high-traffic, scalable, and live services.
- Highly experienced within leadership positions in games development or games technology businesses covering a number of large-scale development cycles.
- Expert knowledge of online/multiplayer gaming, scaling and cloud services
- Must have experience with blockchain development and smart contract language (solidity)
- Experience in managing code bases
- High energy, motivated, and a driven self-starter who takes the initiative and does not require micromanagement.
- Hands-on and able to get things done themselves like coding, checking developer work, audit, writing specs, planning, research
- A great problem solver and solution architect
- Ability to engage with different in-house and outsourced development teams
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work across competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally, experience in the DeFi/NFT space
- Ideally, a passion for gaming and the medieval fantasy genre
Remote Crypto Jobs London by Rainmakrr