A fully funded VC firm that is looking to make its first finance hire. This role will report to the COO and have the responsibility of setting up the finance function. The firm are focused on partnering with emerging crypto businesses on either a debt or equity basis.
The role requires a proactive individual to work closely with the business to help develop a “best in class” finance function
● Participate in strategic financial planning and analysis
● Help with budgeting, forecasting & ad hoc analysis
● Coordinate audit processes
● Streamline accounting functions and operations and automate where possible.
● Enhance and develop accounting procedures and systems
● Prepare management accounts, regulatory reporting and annual financial statements
● Monitor and improve internal accounting controls
● Monitor, aggregate and analyze crypto platform balances and overall exposure
● Oversee the Group’s money transfers and payment, both via the banking system and on the blockchain
● Oversee financing arrangements and ensure timely processing of interest payables or receivables
● Stay up to date with the latest auditing and accounting standards and follow any guidance given on crypto currency accounting.
● Maintain good understanding and experience in investment accounting, to account for trade activity on exchanges. Calculations of unrealized and realized gains and losses, as well as financial instrument disclosure.
● Bank account reconciliations and
● Preparation of monthly financial reports for board packs