Remote Crypto Jobs – Senior Game Director
About our client:
Our client is a rapidly growing blockchain gaming start-up with a mission to build a play-and-earn, NFT-based gaming system that appeals to all gamers.
The first phase of their project is currently in dev and focuses on a turn-based strategy game taking inspiration from games such as Civilization, and Warhammer Underworlds.
Their mission is to create unique gameplay combining strategic battles with army building and to provide players with decentralised ownership and blockchain rewards.
They have already released their first NFT collection of medieval warriors on the Ethereum blockchain which sold out in 13 minutes.
Since then, they have raised investment from leading VCs within the blockchain and gaming industries, finished pre-production, and begun development.
About This Role:
The purpose of this Game Director role is to lead the design and development of their game mechanics that include the primary game mode of PvP online matches and all secondary game features such as army building, unit upgrading, reward systems, store purchases, and NFT creation systems.
Game design and game development are primarily handled externally by a well-established full-cycle game development studio that provides its own team of directors, designers, developers, and artists.
This relationship will continue and it will be the responsibility of the successful candidate to oversee the outsourced development studio to ensure that their vision is being executed to a high standard and in the direction they mandate.
It will also be their responsibility to manage and direct the internal team of game designers and developers that they are beginning to hire in order to transition to an in-house team.
This individual must be an all-rounder with signficiant experience in the gaming industry with proven experience in shipping digital games and must have great management and organisational skills.
The right candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, as well as lucrative equity and tokenomics incentives. This is a remote-working role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other departments to ensure design supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Own, articulate, and evangelize product direction
- Lead, inspire, and mentor designers
- Create vision documents, product goals, design documents, that inform the team
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the design department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams.
- Be a jack of all trades when necessary to generate the largest impact
- Build a culture of learning that empowers the team to solve problems
- Ensure the game team is focused on decisions to produce the largest impact as quickly as possible
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement
- Establish standards and design systems for a fun and balanced experience for consumers
- Give constructive feedback regarding game features and be able to accept feedback
- Identify and champion game enhancements and improvements to other key stakeholders
- Communicate effectively and clearly within and across teams, and to the game community
- Forward planning to help overcome any potential obstacles or problems that the development process might encounter
- Overseeing the launch and testing of each version of the game (Alpha, Beta, Public Release, Live ops)
- Gathering and analysing primary and secondary data to critically analyse and evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of different approaches/strategies/ideas and to propose the best ideas
- Assisting the Product Manager with creating the product roadmap and ensuring that game design and development milestones are achieved
Blockchain Jobs – Requirements:
- Able to develop and champion a strong design vision for a game system from concept to completion
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Able to work well in a team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical environment
- Must be able to deliver systems and features to a high standard of quality
- Strong ability to analyse and adapt designs based on feedback and data
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills
- Quickly adapt to new tools, technologies, and development methodologies
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging experiences
- Designed, developed, and shipped major game systems in a AAA game
- Shipped title as a Senior Designer
- 10+ years of experience making games
- Experience in a management role
- Understand that while a great idea is important, great execution of said idea is even better
- An all-rounder who can become the main point of contract between teams and departments
- A strong ability to align teams to a common vision
- Great understanding of agile development and production
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Ideally, but not essentially, experience with turn-based strategy and medieval fantasy games
- Ideally, but not essentially, experience with blockchain technology and blockchain gaming
- Ideally, but not essentially, experience with free-to-play game models
Remote Blockchain Jobs by Rainmakrr