Platform and IT Operations Manager – Blockchain Jobs London
Are you a blockchain startup looking to hire?
Clearmatics’ mission is to build peer-to-peer infrastructure for a machine-driven future that is resistant to the monopoly-making tendencies of network effects inherent in today’s client-server architectures. We call our technology approach ‘decentralized automation’, which combines cryptography, consensus protocols and economic mechanism design.
We are a Blockchain R&D company and have good ties to the Open Source / Ethereum community.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity and passion with the space is key. Some of the areas we tackle include scalability through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets), protocol design (e.g. proof relays/pegs), formally verified smart contracts, and type-safe & performant distributed virtual machine architectures.
The Platform and IT Operations Manager is responsible for Clearmatics’ IT infrastructure, comprising internally used SaaS products and externally facing highly distributed blockchain networks. You will utilize your infrastructure and operational experience to help develop, implement and run a world class support function for Clearmatics’ Autonity testnets and upcoming Mainnet.
International candidates are accepted and very welcome, as Clearmatics operates on a ‘remote first’ model.
- Lead a small team to manage all aspects of Clearmatics internal- and external-facing IT infrastructure
- Ensure the safe, predictable and repeatable deployment of applications and components into Clearmatics blockchain environments using automation and Infrastructure As Code (IAC)
- Ensure that the blockchain system and Clearmatics validator nodes are highly available, secure, resilient and scalable
- Ensure internal third party SaaS products adhere to Clearmatics operational and security standards
- Ensure quality of service and support is designed into IT and Platform services and appropriate support and operating models are in place (following ITIL best practices)
- Own technical problems and major incidents for IT and Platform services
- Prototype and specify API-driven customisations and solutions for monitoring, logging, data capture, and system management, including management of the role of Validator nodes within Autonity systems
- Analyse performance trends and implement improvements to reduce cost, increase stability and quality of service
- Perform infrastructure capacity planning to ensure future business requirements are realized without disruption to existing services
- Research, design and implement operational best practices for operating highly distributed systems
- Research, design and implement security best practices for IT and Platform services
- Design, document, implement and maintain operational processes and procedures
- Support product Engineering and other Clearmatics teams
- Define and manage internal/external service support SLAs or similar
- Excellent and in-depth Linux system and network administration skills, both hands-on, and with a deep understanding of general principles, best practices, and standards (and an ability to communicate this effectively within a team)
- Linux system/admin related scripting and prototyping: Bash, Python; basic understanding of visualisation and web technologies
- AWS, GCP or other public cloud provider experience
- Github, GitHub Actions, TravisCI, Terraform
- Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, EKS, GKE
- Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, CloudWatch, Stackdriver
- Security – IAM, HSM, KMS
- ITSM tooling experience
- Experience operating critical infrastructure, ideally within blockchain systems, or for financial markets, with a demonstrated understanding of big-picture outcomes (strategic impact, company reputation, financial consequences; trade-offs)
- Demonstrated desire/ability to learn new technologies/products; implement and experiment with prototypical solutions, and guide teams in the process
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the tension between continuous innovation and experimentation on the one hand, and highly secure, reliable, and resilient day-to-day management of critical infrastructure
- Experience working within a start-up environment, preferably in the blockchain space; at least within IT or IT services (e.g. SaaS) space
- Exposure to public cloud technology (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exposure to CI/CD and IAC (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience of building and leading an Operational support team
- Experience supporting highly available production environments
- Experience of implementing operational support processes and procedures
- Technical Leadership and Communication
- IT Security practices
- Operational best practice (ITIL)
- Cloud infrastructure management
- SaaS product management
- Vendor management
- OLA/SLA Management
- Capacity Management
- Operational Risk
- Documentation (Processes/Procedures)