Product Engineer Blockchain Jobs London
Are you a blockchain startup looking to hire?
Clearmatics is a protocol engineering company. We are building a new financial market architecture that is more open, fair, and resilient than the legacy systems that are in use today. We develop protocols and software that create new markets for risk and more efficient infrastructure for trading, backed by a robust and scalable blockchain network, and secured with modern cryptographic techniques and economic mechanism design.
Clearmatics is based in London but operates on a ‘remote first’ model. We welcome candidates from all over the world. We have close ties to the Open Source and Ethereum communities, with Vitalik Buterin as an adviser.
The Engineering team at Clearmatics is responsible for developing our blockchain software at Layer 1 and Layer 2. At the core of our stack is the Autonity client, the node software that powers our blockchain network. It is based on Ethereum (go-ethereum) and is secured by Tendermint Proof-of-Stake consensus. Our decentralised platforms are built on smart contracts and decentralised applications, and are supported by backend services in Go.
We’re looking to hire a Product Engineer to expand our team.
You are a visionary and an entrepreneur. You also have a passion for market structure and how it can be re-designed with decentralised protocol technology to make markets more open, transparent and socially useful. Price discovery, order flow and trade execution are important concepts to you; you know the difference between a CLOB and an OTC market; and you have at least thought about how peer-to-peer communication and blockchain protocols change the market structure design space.
Whether you have been a tech startup founder or a trader in the financial markets, you can demonstrate a record of identifying new opportunities and driving ideas from concept to realization. You have strong analytical abilities, which you have used to evaluate and explain tradeoffs, and to translate ambitious targets into practical roadmaps. You aren’t deterred by unfamiliar concepts and can reach across disciplines and functional boundaries to build cohesive solutions. You have the ability to communicate clearly and generate consensus across teams in engineering, research, operations, and marketing.
– Drive the product vision for decentralised trading and settlement protocols
– Build product roadmaps, prioritise feature development, and plan releases
– Evaluate product ideas based on new research and innovations in blockchain
– Specify product features from low-level protocols to system interfaces
– Develop scripts to explore, prototype, and demonstrate functionality
– Bridge different functions to build consensus and alignment across teams
– Contribute to the marketing and community engagement strategies
– Experience driving and iterating products from concept to launch
– Computer Science bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Deep knowledge of Ethereum protocols and technologies at L1 and L2
– Knowledge of derivatives and how they are priced, hedged, and traded
– Ability to write and communicate technical specifications clearly
– Coding skills to script/automate service and blockchain interactions
– Proficiency with Git, UNIX command line tools, and Docker containers
– Ability to collect & analyse data from web APIs and SQL data warehouses
NICE TO HAVES
– Prior experience in product management within crypto/blockchain
– Market knowledge of the cryptocurrency and DeFi product space
– Created or contributed to EVM smart contract projects using Solidity
– Professional experience with derivatives in a buy-side institution
– Experience conducting user and market research to validate hypotheses
– Proficiency in technical document authoring with Pandoc and LaTeX
– Knowledge of the trade lifecycle, clearing and settlement processes